Magic Kingdom Day 1
Mickey left the kids hats for their first Magic Kingdom day!
Wyatt was doing his best Goofy impression :)
There is nothing more exciting to me than walking down Main St.!
I booked us a breakfast at Be Our Guest, so we could get the 7DMT pre-open advantage. We decided to all split meals though and fed the kids their normal cereal before we left.
And we did stop for some castle pictures before we went in to the restaurant.
Anna with a random kid haha The weather unfortunately rainy that day. It started off just gray, but once we were done with breakfast it was raining a bit. I should have realized with a bigger group, we couldn't get out to the ride as quickly, but we did get one ride without a line. By the time we were done though, the line was at 45 minutes, so we moved onto Winnie the Pooh :)
Anna and Robert looked thrilled ;)
Prince Charming's Carousel!
Next was Peter Pan!
And then Haunted Mansion
The CM asked if we wanted him to take our picture and he left us a little selfie. I think all CMs do this at Disney World including the characters!
I love Haunted Mansion. I made a Disney World playlist with songs of the rides we would do (oh and the playlist was in the correct order of how we would ride them haha). Anyway, I have come to really love the swinging 60s ghost song that is at the end of this ride. Anna and Wyatt who were a little nervous about the ride felt relieved once that song came on!
Pirates of the Caribbean were next
The rest of the pictures loaded to my phone after Pirates.
And the 7DMT ride photos.
The rain was starting to really come down, but we saw that Chip and Dale had almost no line under cover, so we stopped for them. They were really cute and funny. We learned how deep their hatred of Donald Duck goes!
I was trying to smile big while they were covering us up, but I look like I'm laughing crazily at something they are doing ;)
Chip was admiring one of Jackson's pins (that was a chipmunk pin)
One of my favorite pictures of Anna of the whole trip
It started to rain very hard, and since we were near the Jungle Cruise, we waited in that line (which was a bit of a long line. 35/45 minutes I think?). It actually worked quite well because by the time we were done with the ride, the raining stopped!
Next was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. A real favorite of ours! Wyatt's smile gives that away!
And then Splash Mountain! Wyatt and Anna decided they were not fans of that ride!
The weather was clearing up and felt great!
We stopped for lunch at Pecos Bill which is a great place. I forgot about the awesome salsa and condiments bar they have. My chicken salad looked pretty paltry, but once I got all of those fixins on it, it was huge!
And this was one of the few times on the trip, I let the kids play with my phone. I wanted to relax for a bit after eating :)
We made our way to the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor show which was so fun! Especially because Wyatt got chosen to tell knock knock jokes with one of the monsters. He was so proud and happy to talk into the mic and see his face up on the big screen. It made the day so special!
We must have done Space Mountain first actually. So the first ride, Wyatt said he didn't want to and Anna did. I sat behind Anna and that poor girl was so scared zooming around in the dark. She realized that she only likes fast rides if she can hold tight to person next to her. She was screaming and crying throughout the ride so I was trying with all my might to lean forward and rest my hand on her shoulder or something to give her comfort! It made me feel so sick though to have the safety bar pushing into my stomach throughout the ride! When we were done, Wyatt decided he did want to ride it but only if I rode it with him. Oh boy did I feel queasy after!
Wyatt's face after being chosen in the show :)
Next was fighting aliens with buzz
And one of my very favorites: the people mover!
Anna was very excited for the magic carpets of Aladdin. It also had started to rain again, so the carpet ride was quite wet!
Small World was next
Then we took a nice boat ride over to the Grand Floridian for our dinner at 1900 Park Fare. I was so excited for this dinner!
When we got into the dining room Cinderella and Prince Charming were just starting their dance :)
Prince Charming was very sweet (and a little boring to be honest haha)
Next was Cinderella!
Drizella was absolutely hilarious! She really took to Jackson. She thought the braces in his mouth were diamonds and asked he was planning on getting rich when we was older. Then she pretty much proposed. The best part was seeing Jackson's face through it all!
I think Anna wasn't that excited about the step mother haha
Anastasia showed off some of her singing for us
The food was super delicious! Jackson's favorite (and mine) was the strawberry soup!
We took a few pictures by the cool topiaries.
The lobbies are just gorgeous at that hotel.
Back at the Magic Kingdom and ready for more!
Barnstormer was next.
These were from our Buzz ride earlier
Wyatt's favorite ride: Dumbo!
And then Anna's favorite ride: Under the Sea!
After that we decided to head out. As were walking down Main Street, we found a spot to stop and watch the Main St. Electrical Parade. Erik loves this one.
Jackson was very tired (but he was fake sleeping).
We had such a great Magic Kingdom Day! We were able to do much more than I had planned. The rain kept a lot of the crowds away! I'm so happy that Grammy and Poppy once again got to experience Disney World with the kids! They were on their way to Pennsylvania early the next morning, so this was the last day we had with them. The kids really so lucky to have awesome grandparents!
Favorites of the day
Comments