My Solo Travel Day
I found this cute letter that Wyatt wrote at school. Its says "Dear Jackson, Thank you for being nice. Let's have a boxing match. I love you."
Well the day finally arrived when I was flying to Orlando for my Princess half marathon! Ahhh! I was so excited, I honestly felt like pinching myself to make sure it was reality. There is honestly not a more exciting (and nerve wrecking!) feeling than sitting waiting for a flight kid free with good books, magazines, and podcasts waiting for you haha
My flight was uneventful and fine. At the Orlando airport I found a good selfie spot to text Amanda :)
Onto the Magical Express! That bus is freakin' fun, because it is the very start of a Disney vacation. For my second experience on one of those, it did not disappoint :)
And then the Magical Express dropped me off for my night at Pop.
I had fun walking around and seeing all of the fun statues and murals. I face timed the kids and they had fun seeing the sights as well :)
My room was fine. It honestly felt a tad bit shabby which I had heard about Pop. It was one of the cheapest Disney hotels (though still more expensive than many non Disney ones- blech!) But, it got the job done and honestly I was just so excited about everything I loved it all haha
I decided to walk around the lake to Art of Animation, because I knew I liked that food court, and I wanted to see the resort after our 2014 vacation.
I had a very small appetite at the start of my vacation. I honestly could only eat like 1/3 of this for dinner (which is unusual for me btw!)
Awkward ootd selfie! I woke up BRIGHT and EARLY (I think it was 5:30 eastern time) to collect my bags (they were taking too long the night before so I told them to hold them until morning) and get ready in my disneybounding Rapunzel outfit!
One of the first ones at the bus stop for Magic Kingdom!
And then I was ushered onto Main Street ready to have my pre-park breakfast at Be Our Guest
But not before I took some pics in front of the castle!
It was fun being there for the opening of Be Our Guest. All of the servers come out and put on a little show.
Such a fun restaurant!
My oatmeal and berries breakfast was great. It came with some pastries that I put in a baggie for when I was hungry later.
The real advantage of booking a BOG breakfast is for the pre-open rides of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! I was so excited to finally get to ride this (relatively) new ride. Sure enough starting at 8:45 they let people that were in the park for their breakfast start riding. I got three in before the park opened and the line mushroomed to a 45 minute wait!
It really is such a cute ride.
Next up was Peter Pan! One of my favorites.
Hey there crane man! A lot people hate going to Disney World in the winter because there will almost certainly be a crane on the castle. It doesn't really bother me-- they need to keep it maintained somehow!
The next ride I went on was Splash Mountain. And I was literally the only person in the whole log! Not only that but there was an empty log in front of me and an empty log behind me! I was totally all alone! I couldn't help but laugh.
I can't remember what I did next . . . I'm sure I had two or three bathroom breaks at this point haha
I caught some of the Celebrate the Magic show which was cute.
It looks like I did Splash Mountain again? And then I did Haunted Mansion.
Meeting my Disneybounding inspiration!
Out of place, but this is the ride photo of my lonely Splash Mountain journey haha
I was pretty excited to get a video of Cinderella wishing Anna a happy 5th birthday. I can't wait to show her in a couple of weeks!
Lunch was at BOG again. French Onion soup, salad, and quinoa.
It would usually take a couple of hours for the Disney photos to load on my phone so they are often out of place.
Tinker Bell flew into my hands! :)
I knew I wanted to see the Festival of Fantasy parade, because Erik wasn't sure he wanted to spend time doing that when they were there. So I found a spot to watch it and just soaked up the warm, warm sun (and actually soon realized I should have applied some sunscreen-oops!)
I looooved the parade! It really was so fun.
Oh man I didn't get a picture of the huge dragon! It was really cool when it shot out real fire!
Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road was next!
And then I bought myself a Dole Whip and planted down in Adventure land with my feet up and just enjoyed the people watching.
Headed to Tomorrowland where I think the only thing I did was Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. I love the Monsters movies- like a lot! That show is always funny to me.
I decided to do Jungle Cruise next, since I didn't think Erik would want to do that. He really does not enjoy that ride, and I admit it is super cheesy.
At about 7pm I headed out since Amanda was getting close to Orlando and got on a bus to Pop.
Where I ate a sort of dinner and admired my ornament I bought :)
Then Amanda picked me up and we headed to our hotel that was right next to Universal Studios.
So I realize that many people would not enjoy a day at Disney World by themselves, and the fact that I loved it so much reveals me to be a Disney nerd of the biggest sort! BUT I DON'T CARE! It was seriously one of the best days I've ever had, and I feel completely spoiled that I got to do this.
And these are my crazy notes I took :)
Comments