Universal Day Two

Day Two of Universal was our Marvel focused day.  Mickey brought some Spiderman cups and little bobble head Avengers toys.

Anna saw this photo opp place at the entrance of Universal the day before and was so sad that I wouldn't take her picture, so I finally did on this morning.  When her brothers jumped in to be silly, she wanted one on her own!


The best part of vacation is seeing the fun moments between the kids. Now they had their not so fun moments as well.  Jackson's sweet big brother can change into ornery big brother at the drop of a hat.  However, they really do love each other so much (As I'm blogging I can hear all three of them doing their "imagine play" together down in the basement). Anyway, I love seeing them laugh and play and discover and make memories together.
Janet and Robert were so sweet to go along with my themed outfits for each day!

Our first ride was Minion Mayhem!  This one gets long, long lines during the day, so we wanted to knock it out first.
It was so funny and cute (but again with the screens! I had to shut my eyes for part of it).  I love the Despicable Me movies!  The Minion Movie, not so much, but a little Minion sprinkled with Gru and the girls is just right :)



Next was the Mummy ride.  Anna and Wyatt were too nervous to ride it, so I stayed with them in the child swap area and then Janet styed with them while Erik, Jackson, and I rode it.  It was a great ride!  FINALLY one without a screen that was just a great, exciting, fun ride.


These performers were pretty entertaining.

Next was Men In Black.  That was pretty fun.  Jackson had just watched the first two MIB movies a few months ago, so he was excited about it.  It's sort of like the Buzz Lightyear ride at Magic Kingdom where you are trying to shoot down aliens while moving around.


I loved seeing how the kids, Wyatt especially,wanted to hug the characters (not the princesses of course haha) on this trip.
I watched the kids on the Feival playground for a bit.



Wyatt and I noticed the Simpsons had just come out, so we stopped for a picture with them.


Each time we went on the Hogwarts Express to Hogsmeade, I took videos of everyone. They loved seeing them afterwards!
I wasn't quite sure if I should make any meal reservations during our Universal stay, but I had heard such great things about Mythos so I decided to do it.  We ate lunch there and it was so good!  Part of what it made it so great was that the prices were surprisingly low!  The food was delicious (Erik and I shared a chicken Greek salad and a salmon/potato dish), the service was great, and the atmosphere was fun and relaxing.  Definitely a winner!


Anna wanted to eat my lemon, and she really did!

Finally it was time to make our way to Marvel Island!  Wyatt had been waiting for this for a long time!
Spiderman was so awesome!  He was funny and interacted so cute with the kids.


 
We love Spidey!
The Spiderman ride was fun.  A mixture of moving and screens so I just got a little nauseous haha

Erik was trying to convince someone to go on Dr. Doom's Freefall with him.  Finally he just went by himself.  Those kind of free falling rides, I cannot handle so I'm really happy I didn't go on it.  Sorry Erik! ;)
While we waited for Erik, we were amused by Green Goblin's and Dr. Doom's antics.  Wyatt and Anna decided they were too nervous to meet them, so just Jackson got harassed by these villains.



Then it was time to meet Captain America!  Judging from our shirt choices, you can see he is a favorite of ours :)


He was great too!




Go Cap!
Wyatt didn't want to meet the girl superheroes! Some of us were happy to meet Rogue though!




Get your claws out!
While we were waiting for Erik, Jackson, and Janet to ride Rip Saw Falls (very similar to Splash Mountain) a man just came up to us and asked if Wyatt wanted this Denver Broncos basketball.  He and his family were flying out that day and couldn't bring it.  The kids were so excited!  (and we found a way to bring it home haha)
I went on Rip Saw Falls with some of the group after, which was fun.  It was a nice warm day so I didn't mind getting a little wet.  Then I believe that Jackson and Erik rode it a third time.

I was sad that two rides were under construction during our trip.  One was Hulk Coaster, which let's be honest I may not have been brave enough to go on haha The other was Jurassic Park River Adventure which I think everyone would have liked.  Oh well!

The kids wanted to ride Forbidden Journey again and Wyatt convinced me to go on it, so I did.  I was happy to see the longer queue (you see a lot of the castle) which I missed during the single rider ride with Amanda.


But it made me SO SICK!  Like I had to unbutton my pants and just sit there and try not to throw up.  Robert was sitting with sleeping Anna (he had realized the screens made him sick as well).  I started chatting to a couple next to me (they were recovering from riding Forbidden Journey as well haha) and I found out they were from Logan, UT!  They had come for a week of Universal without their four kids (their kids were ages 5,4,3,and 1!).  Anyway, it was a funny coincidence.


Well that was our last ride.  For dinner we went to Chipotle.  Then Janet, Robert, and I went to Target to get some supplies we needed.

I should have taken more pictures of the condo, but I did take a picture of the kids' Mickey room.  While Janet and Robert were with us all three slept in there, but after they left Jackson moved down to the bedroom downstairs.  Erik and I had a nice big room with a king bed and bathroom.  Actually each of the three rooms had their own bathroom attached to it.  There was also a kitchen and family room.  When I think of how that whole condo was half the price (or at least 2/3) of what we would have paid for an on-site Disney hotel room, where the 5 of us would have stayed in one room without a kitchen, etc, plus Janet and Robert would have needed their own hotel room, it really is crazy!  There are definitely advantages to staying in the Disney bubble, but having the space was so nice!
Everyone's responses of what their favorite part of the day was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures