Epcot Day 2
Sunday's gift from Mickey
Sunday morning was another morning we decided to sleep in and take it easy. We decided to have a little family home evening Sunday morning after getting up. It was really cute, because before we left from Utah it was the kids who brought it up and suggested it (I was planning on doing something, but it was nice that the kids wanted to as well). Anyway, after doing that and getting dressed we made our way to Epcot.
Stopped for a few family photos of course!
I took the boys on Mission Space first. I was surprised Anna wasn't tall enough! It's a cool ride that simulates going to Mars as an astronaut. There is an orange side where you are actually spinning and getting the G force that you would get from take off, and a green side where you don't have the extra spinning and movement. I'm sure you can guess which side I made us go on :)
We found Erik and Anna in the play area after we were done.
Next was Living with the Land. A cute little boat ride that takes you through the agriculture department of Epcot and shows what they grow.
I always love seeing the cool plants. And I love that they use the vegetables for the restaurant right there!
Next was the Seas with Nemo!
Then we waited for Turtle Talk with Crush. It's such a cute show, but the wait was much longer than I thought it would be (it was like 25 minutes) and I was HUNGRY. I was seriously cranky- like those Snickers commercials! So after Turtle Talk I bee-lined with the kids out to the stroller and backpack to get granola bars and anything else I could eat haha I actually lost Erik in the crowd and we waited for a while by the stroller until he found us. Oops ;)
I went to see if there were anymore good fast passes (there weren't) and then I met the family in Club Cool. There you can sample sodas from all around the world for free. The kids liked it just a little bit :) I had to try the Italian soda, Beverly, which is totally infamous for how disgusting it is . . . and it is!
Test Track as a family for the last time! Throughout the vacation the kids kept talking about which ride they would put in the backyard if they were millionaires. I think Test Track won.
Oh I guess yesterday wasn't their last pressed penny, it was the test track one.
The Magic Shots always take longer to get to the app, so these are out of order. I love them! I'm bummed that Jackson didn't get a magic shot on his own. He was kind of on the fence of wanting one. I think he did want one, but felt too old to make a big deal out of it. I should have made sure it happened though!
Ride photo!
The boys and I made our way to get a Phineas and Ferb Agent Perry phone. They remembered this from last time. It's a really fun scavenger hunt/adventure around the World Showcase that takes you to specific countries to look for clues (to ultimately get the bad guy or something). At the end of your hunt, there is always some kind of cool special effect wherever you are, like at a little shop or something.
Anyway the boys wanted their own phones. Anna and I went with Jackson in England. Erik took Wyatt to China.
I loved all of the cute topiaries!
It was fun to see Alice even though we didn't stop for her.
Chillin' in the U.K.
This was the end of Jackson's adventure.
Anna and I made our way to Snow White in Germany.
She was really fun and cute!
I have always wanted to try a big Turkey leg at Disney, so I decided to get one! It was tasty I ate about 1/4 or less, Wyatt ate quite a bit, Anna had a few bites, then Erik finished it. Jackson thought it was absolutely disgusting that we were sharing haha
Once we met back up the boys wanted to do another adventure together, so we gave them Erik's phone and let them go. Disney a good place to practice some independence I think.
Anna loved posing by all of the characters. She would copy how they would look.
Unfortunatley around this time Anna had a bit of problem that necessitated taking her shirt off. I went into the souvenir shop in France to find a shirt to buy her, but I could not bring myself to pay $30 on a Disney World shirt that I wouldn't be thrilled about her wearing at home. There was an absolutely gorgeous dress for $45 that I thought about getting her (it had the cutest Paris/Eiffel Tower print and was so 50s style chic). But it had a totally open back which I didn't really love. So we remembered we had sweatshirts in the car and thought Anna could just wear the sweatshirt only. So Erik walked the long trek back to the car. I was a little nervous since he didn't have his phone (the boys did), but I told him I would just hang out with the kids at the American Pavilion stage where they have these fun acapella pop singers perform every hour or so.
Anna and I got some Japanese shaved ice while we waited. It was so delicious! They poured like a sweetened condensed milk on top. Yum yum!
Out of order
During the pop singers' performance the boys called me that they were done. They came over to where we were (I was very impressed with how they did on their own) and we enjoyed the shaved ice alongside the fun performance!
Erik finally made his way back to us and we decided to see the American theater show. Jackson was hamming it up for the camera :)
The American show was cute. It was a good history lesson for the kids about the start of our country up until like WWII I think?
There were a few times that we saw film crews and people getting interviewed. I'm sure they were making promotional videos, but Erik and I kept speculating.
We had dinner reservations at Via Naopoli, and it was time to make our way over there.
I didn't have the heart to stop the kids from their fun game of tag on a little stage/courtyard area in Italy.
Via Naopoli was great! One thing I love about the World Showcase is that each country's restaurant or shop is run by young adults from that country. I remember when Erik and I ate at Rose and Crown in England we talked with our server about where she was from. Here the servers where from different places in Italy and the kids loved hearing their accents :)
We got a couple of different pizzas (pepperoni, and prosciutto/melon that was so good) and Wyatt got the kids meal spaghetti. All food at Disney is overpriced, but when there aren't any characters at a meal it really isn't bad all things considered!
After dinner there was another game of tag and a little boy was more than happy to join in!
The little village and train set in Germany is so cute!
More posing!
We finally made our way over to the Mexico boat ride featuring Donald Duck! Anna LOVED this ride. There was absolutely no wait, so I think we rode it three times in a row!
Then we met the big duck himself!
Next we went on Spaceship Earth which we had never gone on. It's the ride that is actually inside the big Epcot ball and its just a gentle mover that takes you up past scene of the history of the earth. It was actually a great way to be at a museum I thought (no tired feet haha) At the every end there is a hilarious part where they superimpose your picture (which I hadn't realized they had taken!) onto these "future people" to tell us how our future would be. The kids were laughing hysterically and loved it!
hahaha Jackson's face really was funny!
Jackson decided he wanted ride Test Track again and was willing to do single rider. So I took him through. The line was suppose to just be 10 minutes, but it was like 30 or 40 because the ride had to stop. I think someone threw up on it, so they had to stop everything and disinfect. I would not want that job!
The ride photos were broken down. We rode in different cars anyway being in the single rider line.
I think this was from earlier in the day actually. While Jackson and I rode, Erik and the kids found a spot to watch Illuminations.
After Test Track, Jackson and I found them (we also brought a orangle/vanilla frozen yogurt to share) and we all sat down.
Illuminations was great of course, but our view was a bit obstructed by the tree and pole. Oh well, it was still nice!
Tired kids at the end of the day!
I love seeing the ball lit up at night.
Favorites of the day
Comments