Magic Kingdom Day 2
The kids were pretty excited about what they woke up to on Thursday morning.
Wednesday night we were very tired, so we switched our plans a bit and decided to sleep in on Thursday morning. We had gotten so much done on Wednesday that it really was fine. However, I still woke up early with the kids on Thursday and it was killing me, knowing that the wait times were going to be so much longer when we finally got to Magic Kingdom compared to at rope drop. But it was all good! I was happy that Erik got to sleep :)
We took the ferry boat from the parking lot. It was very packed, but fun to see the Polynesian up close.
The kids loved the magic shots!
Haha as you can see it was a bit sunny!
Once we finally got inside the park, we went straight to Tomorrowland Speedway. You can see how happy this made Wyatt!
After that I took Anna to see some princesses while Erik and the boys rode Space Mountain and Stich's Great Escape. The wait for Anna and Elsa is notoriously long, so I came prepared with Anna's ariel case she just got from Mickey and some coloring supplies.
But the wait wasn't that bad at all! It was less than 20 minutes! Anna was seriously adorable with my adorable Anna!
A hug for Elsa!
When Anna was inspecting the signed bag later, she had this shocked look on her face an she said, "why did Anna (pronounced as in the movie) write MY NAME on the bag??" She was so excited, but I explained that Anna (from the movie) spells her name just like she does. It was really cute.
Well then we made our way to Ariel's Grotto. I definitely wanted to get a picture with Ariel since she was my Disney bounding inspiration. This line was sooo much longer than the Anna/Elsa one though! And I had given my backpack of supplies to Erik! We waited about 50 minutes. Ugh, oh well it was worth it in the end. Mermaid Ariel is Anna's very favorite!
I loved seeing their little conversation
After Anna and I were finally done we met back up with the boys, and . . . . I can't remember!
Oh yeah Mickey left suckers that morning too. Anna started on hers in line and Wyatt started on his once we met up.
I fast passed Tinker Bell (just because it was the only fast pass left before lunch). I thought she was so fun! Wyatt however did NOT want to meet her. Tink kept trying to talk to him and he was literally running away from her! Silly boy :)
Picture from the line to see Tinkerbell
The photographer caught at least one picture of Wyatt!
After Tinkerbell, we checked into our Crystal Palace late lunch. Then we waited in the glorious sun in the new (to us) hub in front of the castle.
And we all got really comfortable obviously!
Crystal Palace is so fun! The food is good, and the characters are so fun. Who wouldn't pass up a hug from Pooh Bear??
I love the way Wyatt lights up here!
Trying to squeeze in one more hug! I love it!
It really was a great meal. Though Jackson learned a hard lesson that it is NOT fun to stuff yourself! He was so sick!
He had to sit in the stroller while we waited for the Festival of Fantasy parade haha So Erik was actually quite excited to see the parade. We found a nice close spot, however it was facing the sun. I felt like quite a bad mom when I realized I never put sunscreen on the kids and I could tell Anna's face was getting a touch burned.
After the parade we went to Tom Sawyer's Island which was what Jackson was most looking forward to!
It was really nice to see them just run and play freely. Disney vacations, though extremely awesome, can get very regimented. I realized the kids needed down time. Their imaginations truly went wild at Tom Sawyer's Island. It was seriously just a delight watching them.
After 45 minutes or so, I told them it was time to leave Tom Sawyer's Island. I knew Tiana and Naveen would be meeting at 5:00 and I didn't want to miss them!
The last of the princess dresses Anna brought! While it was fun to meet Tiana and Naveen and get pictures with them, I have to say I was a tiny bit let down. I heard how funny Naveen was and well, he wasn't very funny. I still love the characters though!
Navenn told Anna she looked like Tiana's friend Charlotte but he was confused because Anna was wearing a Tiana dress . .. . uhhhh
We saw that the wait times weren't too bad for Tomorrowland Speedway so we appeased the kids and rode it once more.
And they were pretty hyper once evening hit!
I finally remembered to bring the coins for the kids to start collecting pressed pennies!
Dole Whip break!
Anna chose a Mickey Bar.
BTMR again!
More pressed pennies and then we took the train back to Main Street. We had never rode the train at Magic Kingdom and it was quite fun!
We had fast passes for Wishes which was in the hub. It was a perfect spot! So nice to be able to sit down or stand without having elbows all over.
The Celebrate the Magic show on the castle and then Wishes was just magical! Honestly, it made me cry. I mean there is a reason I love Disney World so much and it's because I love Disney movies so much! Walt Disney was not a perfect man by any means, but it is pretty cool to see this whole world filled with characters he imagined!
The kids were beat at the end! Getting to the car wasn't too bad, and we made it home around 9:30 I believe.
Everyone's favorite of the day
Comments