4th of July



 The 4th of July!!!  One of my very favorite times of year!  I wanted to get our family picture done first thing, so I didn't have to worry about it later in the day.  It wasn't our greatest, but got the job done :) 
The kids insisted on doing a picture with Luna . . . but obviously it wasn't the greatest!

After a morning of sleeping in a bit, getting stuff done around the house, and doing a quick treadmill run we went to Wendys for lunch (and a free frosty!) before going to see the BFG!


 I really liked it!  I can definitely see why it got somewhat mixed reviews the middle sagged a bit for me ( but then totally picked up when the Queen came on the scene!)  It gave me the same warm feeling I got from another underrated (in my book) movie: The Tale of Desperaux.  I love that movie so so much.  I really need to read the book because anything I have read by that author (Kate DiCamillo) I have loved.
We had a fun BBQ with the Hunts, a guy Erik works with and his wife, Peter and his roommate (and his roommate's fiancé).  

While we waited to start fireworks, we had a fire and just had a good time visiting.



And then it was fireworks time!









Derrick and Katie stopped by on their drive back from Canada just in time to watch the last few fireworks.  It was fun getting their engagement story in more detail! :) 


I guess for historical purposes, I should mention that Peter and his friends left before fireworks to see a different show haha  It really was a great day!
I think it's so cute how closely Luna and Maverick track Wyatt's movements in the morning because they know he feeds them!


We brought some Little Cesaers to the park one evening with Chase.  I love easy summer evenings!


The next day we had Jackson's friend Colten with us all day because his mom was on a trip to NY with Colten's big brother.  We met Erik for lunch at Costa Vida and then went to Air Borne!

I love Air Borne!!


































The kids and I made some cupcakes to take to friends' houses.  It was fun to see how they decorated them.  There are a lot of fun Teddy Graham summer cupcake ideas on Pinterest! :) 


The kids playing with the dogs :) 

We met the Coles and Cummings for free bowling!  I love taking the kids bowling now that I don't even try to bowl myself anymore haha I HATE bowling, but I like watching the kids have fun with it!







Luna cracks me up the way she lounges

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures