Activities with Kids
Last Thursday, we went to see The Secret Life of Pets. The kids are always excited when the "D-Box preview seats" have a new preview to see :)
After picking up our tickets we walked around the District looking for Pokemon and figuring out where to eat lunch.
I choose Zupas- yum!
Then we walked to Target to get our movie treats, and then we saw the movie!
It was . . . OK. I think my expectations were too high. There were definitely a few parts that I LOL (and there was one totally weird/funny Grease musical number bit), but there were lots of times when I just was waiting for it to end. Expectations are really everything!
I thought it was funny how Luna kept going into the kiddie pool to retrieve cups or balls that she wanted to chew on haha
Erik was on a work trip that night, which I never enjoy, but it was really nice just relaxing in the backyard, watching the kids to play until a little later than normal. Last week was kind of rough emotionally for me last week. I was not dealing well with some Facebook posts about BLM (from people I'm related to haha), so I unplugged a bit on Thursday and have for the most part afterwards and it's helped immensely. I constantly have to remind myself that if something is not feeling good or uplifting, I can remove myself from it! Anyway, just being unplugged and enjoying the summer air, and my kids' laughter was the exact balm I needed that night (though I admit to instagramming my feelings that evening real quick haha)
The next morning, Anna had some major cavities that needed filling. It was so hard watching her. She seemed upset, but let them do what they needed to.
She was not a fan of the numb mouth feeling! It was pretty funny, I must admit, watching her drool for a couple of hours after her appointment.
That afternoon, we dropped Anna off at the Coles so the boys and I could see Hale Center Theater's production of Big River. My parents saw the original Big River on Broadway on a trip to New York, so growing up that was one of the records we listened to over and over. I know those songs like the back of my hand. BUT I had never seen the play! It was so good!!! Mark Twain is such a genius with his stories. I loved the discussions I had with the boys afterwards about doing what you feel is right and talking about that even when laws or authority figures are wrong (slavery, oppression of minority groups), when you should follow the laws and when you should is important to follow your conscience or the Holy Ghost and do what is right. On the other hand, Jackson brought up some good points of when that could lead to anarchy (well he didn't use that word but was describing it). Anyway, I just really like the character of Huck Finn. And the talent of this production was amazing!! Just like Jane Erye, they sounded just as good as the Broadway version! Oh and I liked the Hale theater in West Valley (as in the physical place) more than the Orem one I where saw Jane Erye. The next day, I ordered two tickets for me and Anna to see Beauty and the Beast at Hale Center (in West Valley) and I couldn't not be more excited!


Comments