We Love the Weekends!
We all went down to Orem to watch Mariah play a part in the SCERA production of Footloose. It was a lot of fun! I love being in an outdoor theater! The productions itself was fun. The dancing was the best thing about it for sure (well other than seeing Mariah of course!). The guy that played Will, we decided was the best actor of the bunch. Oh and it was funny when I was racking my brain like crazy trying to figure out who the actor that played Ariel's father reminded me of! I kept wanting to check IMDB haha Then it hit me, we saw him in SCERA's production of Pinkalicious (as the father of course haha). Anyway, I was pretty proud of myself for figuring it out on my own (and it was later confirmed in the playbill.
All of the costumes were super fun to see as well!
That morning I got a call from Derrick saying that he and Katie got engaged that morning! They were in Canada for Katie's sister's wedding and Derrick totally surprised Katie with it. I am very, very excited for them!!
Another selfie to check out the new and improved color #sovain haha
We met the Coles and the Childs up at Cottonwood Canyon for hot dogs and smores. It was so fun!
The next day was my second favorite Sunday of the year: the Sunday before the 4th of July! Anna and I did our best to look patriotic :) I was pretty nervous since I was subbing for the RS president. I don't mind teaching, but I struggled with this lesson a bit. It was just based on one little paragraph from the Living Christ Testimony. It's always hard for me to create a lesson like that instead of going off of a manual- or even a conference talk is much easier! Anyway, I was happy to have it done with!
Erik was quite patriotic too!
Sunday evening we drove to Sandy to visit my Grandmother. We had missed her 103rd birthday party the Sunday before, so I definitely wanted to see her! I felt bad because when we got there she was already in bed, but she was happy to get out and visit with us. She is so incredibly amazing! I learned that she still will get on her hands and knees to scrub her kitchen floor! It was fun reminiscing with her of the fun we had growing up and going to her and Grandpa's house in Roseville. She had the most beautiful backyard with rose gardens, trees, vegetable gardens, and a ton of potted plants scattered around. It was such a haven.

Comments