Busy Summer
I was a chaperone at Jackson's field trip to the state capitol a couple of weeks ago. It was really fun!
I loved our tour guide! She was so informative and obviously loved Utah state history which makes it more enjoyable.
This was my favorite painting! This was added after a refurb, but it is a painting of the very first woman to vote in an election in all of the west. It was in 1870 I believe. Anyway, I love that the pioneers were progressive in ways that the rest of the country was not.
The Gold Room was a favorite of the kids. The boys kept talking about different gold things in the room they could steal to become rich (nope, not disconcerting at all!)
After the capitol walked to Memory Grove park to eat lunch, and then went on a scavenger hunt to find different memorials scattered around Memory Grove. It was really fun-- but very hot!
The kids took pictures of each of the things they had to find. I think we were the first group finished!
Jackson's had a great class this year!
That evening, the Taylors came over! It was a lot of fun to visit with them. The kids all slept downstairs together and had a lot of fun. It was a shame it was school night for our kids though. The next morning was crazy busy with school stuff, so we didn't really get to hang out too much then unfortunately :( Andrea Taylor is really one of my favorite people ever. She and Tory are just some of the most compassionate people I know!
We bought a snow cone machine on clearance at Target which has been fun. We got a few syrup bottles from amazon and the kids love to mix the flavors together :)
Comments