Summer Time and the Living's Easy
Oh Pokemon Go, you've come in just the nick of time. Summer break is the perfect time for a silly game, and with the news being such as depressing as could be, the sillier the better. I have enjoyed all of the tweets and posts about the game, I must admit. I just found out that Glen Weldon, who I know and love from PCHH, owns (? or at least talks about going to it a lot) a cabin in Front Royal. Part of Winchester stake :)
The kids spent the night in Roy last Friday. It was nice to go on a dinner/ movie date with Erik without paying a babysitter! We saw Tarzan, which was totally wacky, but totally entertaining :)
Saturday was a family day, because Laurel and my Mom were in Utah to see Mariah in Footloose! I hadn't seen Laurel in 3 years, so it was so so great to hug her and laugh with her!! She really is one of the most interesting, talented people I know.
We met at Lion House for lunch and enjoyed the pretty views around temple square.
Then we went to the new Church History Museum (first time for the boys in our family!).
One of the gifts Wyatt got from Mickey during our DW trip, a Disney mug, got ruined in the dishwasher a few days after we returned home! So, I told Wyatt we could go to the Disney store sometime and get a different one. Well, this was the first time we had been close to a Disney store, so Wyatt and I walked up to it, while Erik and the kids waited at the water fountains (we had parked at City Creek anyway).
This is the one he picked!
Unsurprisingly the boys were SOAKED when we get done here.
We then drove down to Provo to have dinner at Kathryn's house. We stopped at the house to get another car and pick up Luna. She did great in Kathryn's backyard (I learned my lesson at Kaitlin's house and decided against bringing her in the house!).
Then most of us went to Footloose! It was fun laughing with everyone. I left after intermission and Rebecca followed me here to pick up her boys at our house.
Sunday morning, I finally got around to watching the PBS 4th of July special. I pretty much just fast forwarded to Broadway singers :)
I received this text during Relief Society from a friend. Jackson was picked to be "sealed" to a girl in his class. You can imagine how much he loved that! ;)
A picture of the crew at Footloose (minus me and Rebecca since this was taken after the play)
Monday morning was crazy! We started with early dentist appointments.
And of course caught lots of Pokemon!
Then we had a vet appointment for Luna.
And then Jackson got his first "professional hair cut" It looks great and he liked the experience more than having Erik cut it :)
We drove down to Lehi to pick up a trailer we were buying! The house was right across the street from a cemetery, so naturally we went on a poke-walk. :)
With our new trailer! We got a deal on it, but it came with some issues that needed to be fixed. Erik didn't exactly need another project to work on since our backyard is not yet finished, but oh well. It will be fun to go out on our first trip in a couple of months!
An evening at the splash pad.
Wyatt has been asking for an eye appointment for a few months now. I finally took him to Costco, and sure enough, he needs glasses! We actually just picked them up today!





Comments