Not Enough Naps; Too Much Doctor

Anna has been a feeling under the weather lately.  It started last Wednesday with a really high fever that lasted a couple of days.  Starting on Wednesday also, was her refusal to take a nap.  She would fall asleep and the moment I laid her down in her crib she would wake up and start wailing.  Poor girl was just tired all day and poor me was run ragged with holding her all day.  Such is life with a sick baby though.

This is proof she wasn't sad all the time!  I had to work a little harder to keep her happy, but actually she was pretty happy even being sick- this girl is a trooper!

So finally on Monday, I decided she should go in to see the Dr., just in case it was an ear infection or something.  Well, the Dr. was no help, telling me it was viral infection/rash or some such nonsense.

Then yesterday, I made arraignments for Jackson to go to a friend's house right after school while I took Anna and Wyatt to her 1 year well check.  I had written this apt down months ago and showed up only to find out her appointment was that morning and we missed it!  Argh!  Anyway, they rescheduled me for this afternoon, so for the THIRD time this week I tromped down to the dang pediatrician's office!

I actually like going to the well check apt.  It's fun to see the kid's growth and I really like our Dr.  She is growing well (following the Nyholm body pattern of tall and skinny).  She's 25% weight, 90% height, and 75% head.  Funnily enough, Dr. Duck did find an ear infection in one of her ears now, so Anna is going hold off on her immunizations for a couple of weeks.

Comments

Molly said…
poor little anna...good thing she is all better now, since i'm posting this SO much later, wow, where have i been? anyway, so hard when kids are sick :(

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures