One Year
This week leading up to Anna's birthday, has definitely been one of reflection for me. Just remembering what I was doing in the days before her birth, thinking about how excited/nervous I was, remembering the first time she was placed on my chest immediately following the C-section, introducing her to the boys, bringing her home, and all of the milestones she has reached has without fail brought a lump to my throat and a prayer of gratitude for the blessing she has been. To say I can't imagine my life without Anna is a gross understatement- we all love her so much!
I'd say she definitely has grown up a bit over the past couple of weeks. She's not walking yet, but has taken her first very initial steps, and is standing more and more on her own. She also has finally started backing up and going backwards down stairs, which once mastered, will make my life a whole lot easier!
Her eating is quite erratic. Sometimes she'll eat two of those squeezy fruit things and a baby yogurt, or she'll eat quite a bit of pizza or spaghetti. Other times, she'll have nothing more than a nibble and will nurse a lot more. Her sleeping seems to coincide with her eating and days where she eats a lot of dinner she'll sleep through the night. Other days, she'll get up and nurse at least twice, sometimes three times. Oh, and she won't let Erik put her back to sleep when she wakes up now.
One of the other reasons for her bad sleeping has got be the tooth that has poked through. That makes eight teeth in her cute little mouth :) Since she's done cutting teeth for now, she is a lot happier during the day. I think partly because the boys entertain her so much, Anna continues to be my most easy going baby. She has started trying to steal whatever toy the boys have as well. Cars seem to be her favorite and she has started to "drive" cars on the floor which is pretty funny.
Doing the baby sign for Dog. Definitely still her favorite. I've gotten kind of lazy about doing signs. She does the one for "all done" intermittently. I should get on that again . . .
I'm pretty sure my favorite age for a baby is like 1 - 1 1/2 (I probably say this about many ages come to think of it). It really is a lot of fun though. As her personality shows itself more and more it just makes me excited to watch her grow and develop.
.jpg)


.jpg)
.jpg)
Comments