Fourth of July Week

Another super hot week called for a trip to the reservoir!  This time it was just us, but we brought a ton of flotation devices to keep everyone happy :)  Oh and my umbrella kept flying away-- grr.




Their week of swim lessons ended and they all did a great job!




The Friday before the fourth, we went up to a small lake near Ogden and had a fund day at water with the Hunts and a family in their ward.  We all had a great time.



We borrowed a kids kayak and a paddle board.  We also rented a water trampoline that was a blast!













Our kids stayed up at the Hunts house for a cousin sleepover, so Erik and I had an evening to ourselves.  I let Erik pick the date and he picked riding the 4 wheeler up the canyon.  Well, we never found a place to ride the 4 wheeler so we kept driving up the mountain in the truck.  I won't say it is my favorite activity, but it was fun to a) see how happy doing this made Erik and b) seeing the views at the top were very beautiful.  I would just rather hike up to the top than get car sick in a truck :)




 




  








It was really cool to see the top of the Kennecott mines.  They are lot prettier this way than from our vantage point down in Herriman!



  


Lots and lots of deer sightings.





The next morning I had quite a relaxing time.  We didn't wake up until 8:30, I did a little run, made some fourth of july desserts, then Erik and I went out to eat lunch at Oanda Express.


Then we drove up to Roy to celebrate the holiday!



Toa and Anna are pretty cute together sometimes.


When the time came for Erik's fireworks show, Wyatt and Anna were TIRED.  They had actually already fallen asleep.  They were too nervous to be close to the fireworks, so we hung out inside and watched from the window :)



And I convinced them to try sparklers.







It certainly made for a late night, but it was fun!  It was nice of Kaitlin and Josh to put up with all of the mess and host us all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures