Summer Fun


The first couple of weeks of summer vacation mornings have been the best.  My eyes open and I immediately think about what I need to do to get the kids to school on time (check that they are in appropriate clothing -- ie no holes or pajamas on!, make lunch, fix breakfast, supervise teeth brushing, etc, etc.), but instead I remember that it is SUMMER BREAK and I can relax again.  I turn to my left and (usually) Anna is snuggled up warm and soft in the bed next to me.  We get out of bed and decide what to have for breakfast (smoothies, pancakes, waffles, or cereal are the usual choices . . . Now I am not saying every summer day has been perfect.  Arguments break out (frequently some days!), we rush to appointments and other commitments, chores still need to be done.  However, I love that first hour of morning so much!  I am so thankful for these lovely people I get to take care of :)

Every day we try to have at least one "focus activity."  After chores are done, we do our activity, and only after that is sreen time started (well that's not entirely true, I let them go on screens while I work out to ensure quiet and safe play ;)  Anyway, some days our activities are more exciting than others.  The photo above was taken during that day's activity: making a cake :)

We were excited to try out those water balloon fillers that are sold at Walmart.  We invited a few friends over and had a great time!


I feel like we have definitely been getting our money's worth with our aquarium pass!  We have gone there quite a bit and we always have a great time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures