Early Birthday Celebration
We drove down to Lehi to watch Jake open his mission call! He wanted to keep it a surprise from Meridee, so everyone that was invited to watch go to the church before they did (they told Meridee the new bishop wanted to meet with their family).
Jake is seriously such an impressive kid. So nice, smart, athletic, talented, and faithful. Anyway, with the trick Jakes was trying to pull, Joseph pulled his own! He had switched envelopes somehow with a totally fake mission call. Only Joseph and a couple of people that helped him make the fake one knew, so when Jake opened this first one and read, "You are called to serve in the Ogden, Utah north mission." Everyone assumed it was real and was just clapping and kind of laughing.
Joseph let it play out for a couple of minutes and then handed Jake the real one! This one was to Chile (I can't remember the exact mission at the moment). Anyway, it was a lot to take! I would not want all of that drama with my kids' mission calls, but it was pretty funny to be apart of it! As impressed I am with my nephew Jake, I am just as impressed with my brother as a father. He and Meridee have created a truly wonderful family.
The next day was Wyatt's birthday eve! Wyatt's primary teachers so sweetly dropped off one of those giant cupcakes. Wyatt was so excited about it! I planned to take a picture of the cupcake and Wyatt once we got back from running somewhere really quick. Well while we were gone, our dear dog Maverick hopped up on the counter and stole it! I was a little worried about him, because chocolate is not good for dogs. But I was mostly mad! This was after he had stolen both boys' plates of pancakes that morning at breakfast!
The incriminating evidence.
The kids love this little piano thing at the library.
Wyatt's hunting cake! I'm glad my kids are OK with my very imperfect cakes haha Wyatt was so excited about it.
That evening was the only one we could have a "family party." We started out with a hunting nerf gun game in the backyard.
Next up was piñata time!
Chaser!!
I love all of Wyatt's expressions here.
Opening presents!
He was excited :)
It was such a fun birthday celebration!!
Comments