Happy Thanksgiving!
More Christmas decorating. Erik put the hooks in the fireplace mantel. When I saw pictures of how the mantel looked when we moved in, it made me so appreciative of how hard Erik has been working to make improvements. The picture below was after we took down the really ugly wood one and put up the cream one.
Jackson wanted me to take a picture of his Duplo village before we put them away. I love it when I bring up toys and all three get engaged in them for hours!
On Wednesday I picked the boys up early, so we could get to Orem on time for our movie (well actually we had to make a stop first to get the boys' Christmas sweaters). I like Wyatt's Thanksgiving hat and thought it was funny how excited Jackson was to bring his school lunch in the car (it was soft pretzel day, his favorite!).
Good Dinosaur! We met the Madsens (minus Kathryn and Nora and Derrick). It was a really great movie. It make me happy that we had just gone to Yellowstone this past summer because the landscapes and scenery (which were absolutely jaw-droopingly gorgeous!) were reminiscent of Yellowstone.
After the movie we went to the Madsen's house for a yummy dinner and visiting. I brought this little turkey game I made that I think will become a Thanksgiving tradition for the next few years.
When I woke up in the morning, I wanted to find a good gratitude quote. Having gratitude and living with thankfulness in conscious way is something I have strived for for several years and it has turned hard situations in my life into blessings. There really is always something to be grateful for!
As I started my Thanksgiving cooking, I was trying to think of the perfect movie to watch and then decided on Holiday Inn which is the perfect Holiday movie. I love Fred Astaire so freakin' much.
While I was cooking, Anna entertained herself by taking shopkins pictures. The above was even featured on the instagram account @shopkins.in.our.world ;)
I loved seeing the way way she took them :)
We had a great Thanksgiving! The Hunts came over and we had such a great time. The kids always just play, play, play. And Kaitlin and Josh are some of the easiest people to hang out with. After dinner, we watched San Andreas which is a movie I've been wanting to see. I will admit right here right now, I am a fan of The Rock :)
This is my picture to represent my Black Friday shopping haha I didn't do too much Just Kohl's by myself and then the family met me, we had lunch, then went to Lifetime store and bought two youth kayaks. The kids are sooooo excited to try them out next summer.
The boys were excited about the little bit I brought home for them. :)
Comments