Nyholm Girl's Weekend

A few weeks ago, I was able to join my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law for a really fun girl's weekend!!  It all came together very last minute, but I was so excited to go and very grateful that Erik was so willing to hold down the fort while I went.

Morning one included a fun walk with a . . . .selfie stick! ;)

We did an awful lot of shopping that day!  It was a lot of fun!!  This is such a silly picture, but shows the shopping :) (I needed some Amanda advice on which turtleneck to buy haha)

For dinner we went to Chillis.  I'm always down for their fajitas!

The day's loot (this is not just mine!!).

Day two was a San Francisco day!  We drove over to Golden Gate park.

 

Lunch was at a highly rated café on yelp called the Wolly Pig Café.  It was tasty, though I enjoyed the chicken sandwich more than the Thai pig stomach sandwich I split with Janet.

Selfie Stick!

Next was the main attraction of the day.  A Segway tour of Golden Gate Park!  This was hilarious and awesome at the same time.

 

Haha we had just seen someone's instagram with this awkward facial expression, so of course we quickly adopted it.  I really was nervous to learn how to drive that thing though!

Learning the ropes.

 


 

 

It so funny, because I felt so self conscious and nervous starting out, but by the end of our tour (which was an hour and a half I believe?), I felt like it was the most natural, coolest thing to do.  I would quickly wonder why people were laughing and/or taking pictures of us as we glided past haha

I LOVED our tour guide.  He was everything that a San Francisco tour guide should be.  A musician hippie that moved to the city from Northern Europe in the 60s to play his music and feel the vibe!  He reminsised often about the golden age of the hippie movement and pointed out this tree where Janis Joplin always hung out and played her guitar.  How cool is that!

He was so great.

We took a little break from our tour at the Aids Memorial section of the park.  Usually it's a pretty quiet spot, but there was some kind of flag twirling festival that was a) pretty funny b) so awesome!-- we even were invited to join! 
 



There really was so  much San Francisco history that we learned during our tour that I really really loved!  It made me want to find some good historical novels about early SF.

 



One of Kaitlin and Erin's must do's  in the city was to locate the "painted ladies" that are featured in the beginning of Full House (among other places haha)


After we got back home, we ate dessert, hot tubbed and that's about it!

Sunday was church and just hanging out until our flights. I am so grateful to be part of the Nyholm family.  Each one of them are people that I would enjoy hanging out with and would want to be friends even if they weren't my family members! I love these women so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures