Weekend with Amanda, Erik's Return, and Back to School
I was so excited to see Amanda who was visiting Utah for a family friend's wedding (she is actually a friend of mine too, because she is the first one to cut my hair after having Anna haha). Anyway, on Friday night Sydney and Logan babysat and Amanda and I did some fun shopping: American Girl store and Disney store (to check out anything for our runDisney race). We also ate some Chinese food and just generally had a great time! The next morning we went on a walk (I wanted to run, but flaked out because I was running on very little sleep and just didn't want to). Then she was off to her wedding duties.
These gorgeous flowers came as part of the surprises Erik left. :)
I met her down in Provo for the reception. She spent the night again and then she took off the next morning. It's so crazy that she had to take this trip right in the midst of moving from West Virginia to North Carolina! I now how stressful moving is-- I am so happy to be past that stage (and now I'm just in the lovely stage of having a list of to-dos for the house a mile long!). Anyway I am so thankful for my friendship with Amanda. Sometimes I am just amazed when I sit back and think about the things we have in common. Except to be honest, she is way, way smarter than me. She's like a genius haha Love you, Amanda!
FINALLY the hunters returned!! I was so happy to see this guy! Bonus that he and his Dad both got an elk, so our freezer will be full :)
Haha this was at Artic Circle for lunch. Since Erik came home a bit earlier than expected from hunting he still took Monday and Tuesday off of work which was so nice!
I have been on a cleaning and organizing kick lately, and I have finally decided its time to get rid of our baby stuff. I told Erik this wasn't a final declaration that I definitely did not want any more kids, but I figure I can always buy stuff if we do have another baby. I have sold a lot on KSL and I need to go and lower the price on the stuff that hasn't sold to get ride of it all!
Erik and I decided we needed a date night, so Logan kindly agreed to watch the kids while we saw the James Bond movie. It was really good and of course fun to see a movie with this guy!
Tuesday morning we woke up to white! It was a major bummer that this coincided with the boys' return to school. They had a long 4 week track-off, and I was sad to see them go! They drive me crazy sometimes, but for the most I love to hang out with them!! Too bad work, school, and household duties get in the way of just having fun with them all of the time! :)
Comments