Noel, Noel; Born is the King of Israel

We were so excited to start our Christmas Eve festivities!  Our dinner turned out kind of lame.  I decided I wanted to do our New Years Eve traditional dinner of yummy appetizers (shrimp cocktail, spinach-artichoke dip with sourdough bread, veggies and dip, and sometimes meatballs) since we were planning to be out of town on New Years.  Well, I didn't have to time to put together all that so we just had shrimp cocktail and veggies and dip and the kids had mini corndogs . . . oh well!  We did have Sees for dessert though!
I LOVE our Christmas Eve program.  It's a copy of what we did growing up (and what still goes on every in Stockton) and while I would love nothing more than to be with my family celebrating Christmas Eve, it didn't work out this year and I do love the way our little family comes together when it's just us anyway.  Each person has to pick something to do or sing.  Hopefully I can remember the whole program! Anna choose listening to How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Wyatt chose singing a couple of Primary Christmas Carols, and Jackson chose watching a couple of Christmas Studio C clips. I chose watching the Because of Him Mormon Message that came out a coupe of Easters ago.  We discussed why we wouldn't be celebrating Christmas without Easter and the many blessings we have because Jesus Christ chose to be our Savior and sacrificed His life for us.  We then wrote down on strips of paper what we have . . .Because of Him.  We put the strips of paper in a Christmas tin and put it under the tree.  It was really sweet to hear the kids' sincere expressions of gratitude for our Savior.  We sang a couple of other carols and then Erik chose acting out the nativity.  I found a great script of the different verses put together in an easy way that I really loved.  Anna was Mary.  Wyatt was a shepherd.  Jackson was . . . I think Joseph?  I was a wise man.  Erik was an angel. 


 



I took mostly video, so I had to go back and screen shot some pictures.  I like Wyatt's fearful acting when the angel came to him :)


 




 


Jackson had a lot of reading to I remember.  Oh yeah!  He was the narrator!
After our program, it was time to open the Christmas Eve presents.  Anna opened her book to find out her secret name:  Bitty!


Wyatt's book was Diary of a 6th Grade Ninja.  His name: Ninja


Jackson's book was The Chocolate Touch, so his name was Chocolate.


Anna opened her jammies next.  A matching set for her and bitty baby!


The boys seriously have a ton of pajamas, so Erik and I decided to get them Splatoon to share.  They were pretty excited!




Reading the new book! 
 

 




 

Carrots for the reindeer.  Milk and cookies for Santa.

 

We hadn't ever done this, but we decided to watch a movie together.  We picked family favorite Elf.  I love that movie.  Then the kids slept all together in the guest room upstairs.

While we waited for the kids to fall asleep I finally got to watch my very favorite Christmas movie: It's  a Wonderful Life!  I seriously can't even begin to describe how much I love that movie.  It is just perfection.

It looks like Santa came! 
 



 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures