Our Week
Anna had two friends over (who are sisters) the other day and they put on a very special performance for me :)
I went through the kid's books and weeded out the ones they have outgrown. This is the first time I have ever done this, and was kind of hard! Some of these books came from a big box that a visiting teacher gave to me when Jackson was a baby. I was SO excited for that box. There are other books that I remember picking out so carefully and spending our hard earned few spending dollars we had while Jackson was a baby. Reading to him every afternoon was one of my very favorite things to do! It would be awesome if I could pass them along again to someone that could use them!
Thursday's run blessed me with some sun!! Man it felt good to have sun shining on my face (which was the only thing uncovered because it was still cold). I'm pretty sure I have a serious case of seasonal affective disorder, so any sun is a very good thing for me right now!
Thursday afternoon I took the kids plus a friend for Jackson to the rec center pool. Anna's friend was her baby alive and luckily Wyatt was pretty happy playing with Jackson and Seth. I just can't be the only adult watching too many new swimmers!
Last night, Erik got home late after church meetings and I had frankly had a really bad day. I vented to him for awhile which felt amazing and then we decided to run to Smith's for treats! It was like the most fun to me. Totally reminded me of being young and carefree. Yup, going to the grocery at 10:30 at night is my idea of being young and carefree haha Anyway, the ironic thing is we went for ice cream, but both ended up wanting something different. I discovered this Australian yogurt that tastes exactly like lemon meringue (and has the same calorie count-- not light!) Erik's treat was spray cheese and crackers haha
Anna requested this hair style this morning. She saw it on one of the baby alive you tube videos!
And the kids had dentist appointments. They did great! And they always get so excited about the balloon animals the hygienists make for them.
Comments