A Less-Than Ideal Magic Kingdom Morning
Tuesday was mine and Erik's planned couples day at Disney! Unfortunately, Erik's work messed up the schedule and switched his time he had to man the ProBuild booth at the International Builder's Show from Wednesday morning to Tuesday morning. So, while Erik went to the IBS, I decided to spend the morning in Magic Kingdom. The one ride I hadn't done that I really wanted to was Splash Mountain, and I was looking forward to rope dropping and going to Mine Train.
However, a rope drop at Magic Kingdom was just not meant to be this trip! I left around 8:20 which was probably too late anyway, and then my GPS took me on this crazy route to all of the back service roads on Disney property! I finally had to turn around and then just use signs to get to the MK parking lot.
Grrr Already so behind where I wanted to be!
And of course I showed up to catch a Ferry right as it was leaving!
And then I picked the very longest bag check and entrance lines!
Anyway, I finally made it in, and it was already packed. Mine Train's line was already long so I decided to just skip that.
I went straight to Splash Mountain. It's impossible to be in grumpy on Splash Mountain!
Yay! I love this ride!
Nothing will top the ride I went on last year when I was COMPLETELY by myself. Like no one in my log at all. No one in the log in front of me. No one in the log behind me haha
We obviously all got the memo to wear a black jacket on the ride!
After Splash Mountain and seeing how busy it was it did something I NEVER do at Magic Kingdom in the critical low-lines-morning time, I went and got a snack!
I had a yummy chocolate pastry and LeFou's Brew. The drink is a little sugary for me, but it was a fun snack break.
Right next door is Prince Eric's castle and the Little Mermaid ride. This one didn't have a very long line. So I stopped.
Wish this was where MY Prince Erik lived ;)
Another Rapunzel bathroom shot, because Rapunzel bathrooms are always fun!
It was such a warm, gorgeous day but it was packed! It was hard not to be frustrated by how much time was waste this morning trying to get to MK, then waiting to GET into MK. Since Magic Kingdom is the most cumbersome to get into, I really should have gone to a different park for the morning. Oh well, it was definitely still fun, and I AM happy I got to ride Splash at least once this trip!
With a little bit more time to kill before Erik was back from his work thing, I decided to meet Daisy and Minnie. I've never met them with these outfits on and the line was super short.
As I was walking to the parking lot, I saw that Anna had been texting me from the iPad. It looked like she and Grammy were having a great time!
We texted each other back and forth a few times. I was definitely missing her and the boys!


Comments