Traveling Home, But First Animal Kingdom! :)
Erik left EARLY the next morning for his flight out of Orlando. When I realized that my flight wasn't until the afternoon, I decided to book one more meal so I could visit one more Disney resort!
Animal Kingdom Lodge is beautiful!
I had always read really good things about Boma, so I was excited to try it.
It's buffet style, so after taking a tour around the room to see what was there, I loaded up my plate :)
Unfortunately the heavy vacation eating was catching up to me, and I couldn't eat very much! :(
It was fun to stroll around the grounds and see the animals. I would love to see the kids' reactions if we stayed there and got to watch giraffes from our balcony! Not sure if this is on the top of my wish list the way the Epoct resorts or The Poly are, but it would definitely be very cool.
I got a call from Erik that he had missed his flight!! I guess it was way busier than normal early in the morning and security took him forever. Luckily, Southwest was working really hard to find him alternate routes, but every time they told him he could fly out on the next flight on standby, he wasn't able to because they overbooked. He was pretty frusterated- poor guy!
Luckily, my drive to drop off the rental car and airport went smoothly and I gave myself plenty of extra time after hearing Erik's story.
Since we were flying out of separate terminals we never got a chance to see each other though!
This Jabba pic summed up how I was feeling at this point!
Orlando airport is the best/worst airport to me! I feel so excited and happy when I land there, but leaving is the worst because its the end of Disney!
My connections were pretty all over the place. I flew to Charlotte NC, then St Louis, then Denver, then Salt Lake!
This store at the Denver airport cracked me up, because it was soooo "western specific"
I passed the time at one of my layovers with snapchat :)
And then I was finally home!! I was soooo excited to see the kids!
I was also feeling very grateful to Janet and Robert for taking such excellent care of the kids. Janet even left this beautiful bouquet! It really was so fun to hear the things that the kids did with their grandparents.
I brought the kids home some souvenirs! (well actually I bought those plushes half off before I left and hid them under my bed, but they don't need to know that haha)
It was another perfect Disney vacation! I know I'm a totally crazy person with my Disney love, and honestly I can't pinpoint what it is that makes me love it so much. All I know is being there in there in the warm weather, with Disney music, rides, shows, and characters all around me makes me so happy and I hope its not too long before I get to go again! (tentatively scheduled for a family trip to Disneyland to run the Tinkerbell races in May 2018! Our kids have requested the next Disney vacation be a surprise, so we aren't telling them!)

Comments