Last Day in Vegas and Coming Home!

After getting ready for the day on Saturday, we headed to a cool nature preserve/museum.  It was funny, because the day we met up with the Urrutias, Jadie and Erin had gone there for a field trip.

I followed Anna around one of the Nevada state museums while the boys ran off with my Mom and Rebecca.





Then we met up with everyone in a different museum.  The kids were having a great time!


The kids were scared of this statue haha It was pretty sad reading up this guy's life though! That must have been so lonely for him :(


There was a height predictor that all of the kids wanted to try.

Oh my favorite room was this cool dancing room that would put a trippy silhouette of you on a screen while music played :) 






Wyatt liked this train a lot.  We really were learning lots about the development of Nevada.  It was interesting to hear how big a part Mormons played in it, but also fortune seekers and less desirable types haha

Flash flood room

When we walked around the nature preserve, I loved the gardening section.  Erik filled in my garden beds with soil a couple of weeks ago, but the weather keeps being uncooperative when I have the chance to plant my spring veggies!




It stared to rain, so we took shelter in a museum that was mostly about the history of the glitzy side of Las Vegas.


I was fascinated by the early showgirl costumes!



pictures are a bit of order.



And Erik went snowboarding again!  


That night we went to our Santino performance!  Sadly we got a little mixed up on the start time and arrived 20 minutes after it began.  He did a great job, and we LOVED that his wife performed with him for a few songs! 
Oh, I'm just reminded that on Friday my Mom, Rebecca, and I went shopping!  It was a lot of fun and I got the top I wore to Santinio at Ross at that time :) 

Fun, fun, fun!

With the weather report saying there was a chance of snow on our drive back home we got up early the next morning and left at around 6:30.  I had to laugh when I realized how we all looked at our lunch stop in Cedar City haha

Luckily, it didn't snow too bad and we were home by 4:00 I think?
We had such a good week!  A small couple days in Vegas turned into a trip to St. George with friends plus a trip to Vegas and my Mom was there to boot!  We will definitely do some version of this type of trip next winter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures