Snow Day

Wyatt's love for football has not diminished at all!  He's so excited to start spring flag football in a couple of weeks!

And my love for time hop has not diminished ;)  It seriously one of my favorite parts of the morning to look back on what happened that day.

So after living in Utah for two years, we finally went snowboarding! It was quite the experience! 

We mostly rented everything, but borrowed a couple of things from our friends the Campbells.  I borrowed and boards and boots from Regina, and I kind of wish I just rented from the started because the boots were really too big.  Trust me, I didn't need anymore disadvantages other than my own natural incompetence! 


Erik took a pic before my lesson started.  While I was in an adult first timer lesson the kids each were in their own as well.


I started my own lesson near Anna with her teacher :)

While we were in lessons, Erik did several runs on his own.  It was his first time snowboarding in a really long time, but he fell into it again really well!

At mid-day we picked up the kids and all had lunch together in the lodge.  My lesson was only a half-day, but the kids were full so Erik dropped them off again and I stayed in the lodge and decompressed.  My lesson totally stressed me out and I was super bad!  Like REALLY bad haha The only other time I had tried a winter sport, was skiing when Wyatt was a baby and we lived in CA.  Erik's Dad taught me and I didn't walk away some kind of pro, but I at least went down the bunny hill successfully a few times.  Not so with snowboarding!  I think next time, I will try skiing again.




Erik took some good pictures during the first part of the day!

So, after I relaxed solo for a bit, I walked out to find Erik and maybe try to go down again.  All of a sudden I heard a little girl crying and it was Anna!  I guess she was doing so good, but then she went down a part fast and freaked out.  Once she saw me, there was no way she was going to keep doing a lesson so I just checked her out and we hung out for a while.  The experience really traumatized her and now she says he hates snowboarding :(  Hopefully, next winter she will come back fresh and ready to try again!










It was fun watching the boys go down!  Once they were done with lessons, Erik just kept taking them up and they kept getting better and better!

















So cute!


Overall, it was very fun family day!  If I'm going to live in Utah, I definitely want to get into some sort of snow sport.  If nothing else, I can escape the inversion on bad air days!


We left just as it was getting dark, and Brighton looked so cute! It really is beautiful up in the snowy mountains.  This day was a super bad inversion day and it was amazing (and sad!) to see the difference in air as we drove down the mountain back to Draper. We stopped at Panda Express for some dinner on our way home.
Since this first trip, Erik had bought himself a snowboard, boots, etc and has gone several times and has taken the boys once.  I'm happy that they love it so much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures