Cruise Day Four: Falmouth, Jamaica!

Thursday morning we got dressed,  had a quick breakfast and made our way to the dock at Falmouth, Jamaica!  I was excited to be in a country I had never been to before.  We found our tour guide (we booked our Cozumel and Falmouth excursions through Costco) and hopped into the van.

Our tour guide, Denise, was a lot of fun!  Actually I loved all of our tour guides the whole trip.  Our driver, Darrell, was a lot of fun too.  She taught us a lot about Jamaica on our drive to the mountain countryside.  This leaf smelled exactly like allspice!

And then we were at our zip lining place!  I would definitely be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.  This girl is afraid of heights!


We started  out with a yummy tropical fruit juice drink.



And then we were getting fitted into our harnesses. 


This place was pretty cool because we had a total of 5 zip lines we got to go across.  As I was climbing up the first one, I was so nervous my legs wouldn't stop shaking haha

But they were so fun!  The zip lining workers were great and made me feel reassured and like I could trust them :) 


This swing, however was really scary.  Way worse than Tower of Terror haha

I loved seeing the beautiful scenery!







After our zip lining adventure was over, Denise and Darryl picked us back up and we drove to an authentic Jamaican restaurant. 



We tried buying some local fruit to try, but the guy wouldn't sell us any in small enough amounts (and we couldn't take any on the ship).
The lu


The lunch was delicious!  I got the jerk chicken and some type of bakery items.

I thought this drink that Jeremy got looked gross, but he said it was pretty good!

Erik and I bought two of these ginger beers to take home.  I drank mine already, and LOVED it!  It's way better than ginger ale.  Much more gingery!

I asked Denise if we could find a little beach to grab some sand and she took us to a private resort beach and asked the guards if I could get some sand haha Oh and thank goodness that Janet had a baggie since I forgot mine that day!



After getting back on the boat, we changed into swimsuits and just layout out in the sun (actually I think first I did a quick jog).  It felt great, and we discovered a great place for laying out was on the front and back of the ship on the jogging track level.  There were chairs in the sun and had a great view of the water!



Dinner time!




And our Thursday towel animal :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures