First Week of Off Track

Man, it's always hard to come back from vacation.  One thing that made this time easier though was the fact that the kids only had a couple days left of school and then they were off track for 4 weeks!  I love off track times.  I love not being held to a schedule, do the homework fights every day (though they still have reading and other things I have them do when they're off track- it's much easier to get them to do this than their homework!).  It was also time to have the Hunts over for a sleepover! 
I tried to make sure I had some fun crafts for Iva to do this time.  I know it's hard for her to come over and not have a cousin buddy to hang out with like the other kids do!


Sunday morning walk!  I mostly don't like our new church schedule of 1-4.  But I do like that I can take a walk most Sundays before church now.

Our anniversary came and went.  I told Erik that our two winter vacations was plenty for our anniversary gifts,  but I woke up to a huge box of Lush bath bombs!!  It was very sweet, and I'm still enjoying them.  (I let myself use one per week).
I'm very thankful for my marriage and the rewarding relationship Erik and I have!




With my Christmas decorations down, I had such a hard time figuring out how to decorate spaces.  This area went through like 5 changes since this picture was taken haha

My sweet friend Andrea brought me a drink from swig out of the blue.  It was my first time trying it, and now I'm made at her because I've been there like 4 times since this one now!  My favorite is the one she gave me Raspberry Dream: diet dr. pepper, raspberry puree, and coconut syrup yum!

I put the kids in swim lessons for the first week of our off track time and they did good!  It had been about a year since their last swim lessons, and Anna had to go down a few levels from where she left off (her fear of getting her face wet returned).  Once they were put in the right classes though, they both learned a lot!  Wyatt is becoming a great swimmer!!

I was craving pho so I looked for a recipe and made some!  Yum!

So one thing I did this Disney vacation was find other families to share my memory maker with.  So I have a ton of other people's vacation pictures on my computer now haha  It worked out really well though, and I will definitely try this again!

While Erik was on a work trip to Phoenix, the boys had their pinewood derby! 

They had a lot of fun!  Their cars had problems, but they had fun haha





Jackson's got such great friends!


We were invited to go bowling with some friends that are also off track and we had a lot of fun!


And we took a trip to the library!


Anna got these Legos for doing all of her chores for 7 days in a row.  It was fun to watch her put them together. 






Wyatt lost another tooth!


So I had some returns to Gap to do, and since we had a Johnny Rockets groupon to use, I decided to go to the Traverse Moutnain outlets to do both!
Well, we had lunch first and when I tried to use my groupon, they said it was only good for the City Creek location.
Then when I tried to return the Gap stuff, they said it was only returnable at regular store not an outlet.
So basically this trip to Lehi was a complete waste haha
It was still fun! 


And on the way home we stopped to see Hidden Figures!


Ugh, January in Utah is the worst!  It's sad when I get extremely excited to see the sky instead of yucky haze that we see the majority of the team.  Jan 1- to the middle of February is when I am desperate to leave Utah. As soon as the end of February hits though, I'm good.  I found out that this is when inversion season is, so it all makes sense.  The inversion is THE WORST!

Luna got a cute haircut! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures