Magic Kingdom!


(Just as a warning: these WDW posts are very detailed because I took a lot of notes while we were there.  Feel free to just look at the pics, and not do the reading haha)
The next day was our Magic Kingdom Day!  I was soooo excited to go!  Unfortunately, like the night before the Princess Half Marathon last year, I did not sleep much at all.  I guess I'm like a little kid before a day of Disney and I literally can't calm down enough to sleep haha.  Even with the little sleep though, I was super psyched and ready.  We left the condo at an early time ready to rope drop.  I had hoped to catch the very last train station pre-open show (Magic Kingdom just changed their opening procedures and now they do a show in the middle of the hub instead of the train station show).  But, I forgot to consider all of the road closures that were sure to be happening due to the marathon that morning!  Our drive to MK was crazy and took about 45 minutes to get to the parking lot!  At moments, we would feel a bit antsy but then we would remind ourselves we didn’t have any kids to keep happy right now and could just relax.  We finally got to the ticket office at 8:40 then took the monorail to the entrance.



On the monorail and sooooo excited!

So we missed the opening show and we were finally walking down Main Street at about 10 after 9.  I really enjoyed seeing the Christmas decorations since we have never been to WDW during the Christmas season.  However, I decided by the end of the trip, that Christmas needed to come down and it felt weird to hear Christmas songs or see the trees, holly, and lights.


We stopped for photopass photographers whenever we saw them.  Sometimes the magic shots didn’t work out as well as they were supposed to haha



We decided to hit up Tomorrowland first so our first ride was Space Mountain!  Yup that ride is just as jerky as I remembered!

(Unfortunately our Space Mountain pics never loaded, so I only have this silly picture of Erik!)



After Space Mountain, I realized I forgot my sunglasses on the ride, so they went to ride Astro Orbiter while I went back and got my glasses (this was a win/win as I was still feeling a bit queasy from Space)

After that we helped Buzz protect the Universe!

Again all of our ride photos never loaded to Memory Maker)



When I saw that Suzy and Perla had a very short line, I decided to hop in.  The boys were happy to sit this one and it was just me and Amanda that met these cute mice!


Next we made our way over to Fantasyland and we were marveling at how low the crowds were.   I’m sure the fact that it was quite chilly kept people away, but also that the marathoners were all running (someday I will run that marathon!).  
 In Fantasyland, we saw the Mine Train was closed down (which is what we wanted to do next so we headed over to Little Mermaid.


After LM, we rode Small World and then it was time for our first fast pass of the day, Peter Pan.




As we were leaving Peter Pan, I saw that people were lining up for Gaston, and checked in with the group if they wanted to join.

Gaston was quite the aggressive jerk!  I told Gaston that Erik was looking for workout tips, but that was the wrong thing to say as you can see from these pictures!
Honestly I couldn’t even hear the workout tips, because I was trying to find my way out of his hold.  Oh man, did I ever feel for Belle in that moment!



*AWKWARD*


After the harassment, we took a group pic and then we were on our way!  Amanda was very happy she didn’t talk to Gaston first haha


Next up was another FastPass for Haunted Mansion.  I looooove this ride!  Erik and I loved it when the ghost in our ride told us he’d see us in Utah!  Creeeeepy!

We also went to Mickey's Philharmagic (the 3D show) which is so fun and awesome!

I noticed on the app that mine train had just opened up, so we booked it over there, but saw that the line was very long.  We decided to use our last free fast pass for Mine Train.






Someone got the red card!  Everything is exciting in Disney World! :D




Mine Train is definitely one of my very favorite rides!



Gotta love the Rapunzel bathrooms haha

At some point we went on Pirates of Caribbean, but I can't remember when ;) 


Next it was time for lunch at Be Our Guest!  I was so relieved when I finally scored a lunch reservation about a week before our trip!

Since Beauty and the Beast is my very favorite Disney movie (and maybe my top movie in any category!) I LOVE visiting Be Our Guest.  





We decided to eat in the West Wing.  We like to live dangerously haha
I was so excited to eat the food!  Erik and I ordered the Braised Pork.  Amanda ordered the Carved Turkey Sandwich and Brett ordered the Croque Monsieur.  Brett and I also got the Potato Leek Soup and Erik got the French Onion Soup.

The only problem was my stomach was not feeling well at this point!  I’m pretty sure it was from my lack of sleep the night before.  Super annoying!  I was especially bummed that I didn’t have the appetite to eat more than a few bites.

However, the lunch was still fun.  We had fun trying to video the Beast’s transformation in his painting.  And the bubbly diet coke was making my stomach feel slightly better.




(I look so weird in this picture haha)



With my to go cup of diet coke in hand we made our way over to Liberty Square to watch Festival of Fantasy!  We had accomplished so much in the morning, sitting around and relaxing seemed like a good option.


I love this parade! (confession: sometimes I put the parade on youtube for background noise at the house)








This is my excited to be here face ;)


After the parade, we took a cruise around the Jungle :) 


This is not my favorite ride, but whatever, its fine.


Dole Whip!


We noticed that the outdoor Muppet show was about to start so we stopped to watch. 

It was kind of cute!



Talking Mickey was next!  It always is slightly disarming to hear Mickey talking in a soft voice to you haha



ButMickey hugs are the best!

These are a little out of order, but it was nice to stop and take pics whenever we saw a photopass photographer.  

Sometimes the magic shots even worked haha



After meeting Mickey, we ventured into Tomorrowland again to see the Monsters Inc show.  This is one of my favorites!  Erik was pretty proud of the joke he texted Mike (unfortunately it wasn't chosen for the show).



We were fading a bit at that point, and decided a Mickey pretzel would hit the spot, and boy did it! It was seriously so delicious and the perfect thing for me right then!

Next up was Dumbo, which was kind of fun to do in the dark.





And then as the weather was feeling chillier and chillier, we decided to nix the fireworks show.  It was definitely the right call.  We had a very full day, and the thought of warming up and relaxing sounded great.  Before we left, we took some night time castle shots. 

So this was my first time seeing the holiday lights on the castle and it sure is beautiful!





For dinner, Erik requested we go the Chevys by our condo.  He has fond memories of going to Chevys in high school I guess :) 

And Brett's J Crew wallet totally blew his mind!  

After dinner, we came back to the condo watched a bit of the Golden Globes and Erik said his goodbyes to the Clingermans.  He was getting up very early the next morning to fish in Tampa with clients.  
Overall this day had been perfect!  It was definitely colder than I would have liked for a day in Florida, but with layers on we felt pretty good.  And wow!  Disney with friends is SO FUN!  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures