Cruise: Boarding the Ship
Our flights left Salt Lake at around 12:30
I always love seeing homecomings at the airport! We were in security line for so long that I thought I would see the reunion, but I never did!
All ready to go!
We were pretty excited that the flight was empty enough that we had a free seat next to us. American Airlines had a pretty good selection of movies and we both watched a couple of different ones. I can't remember our itinerary, but I'm pretty sure we had one stop somewhere in the south.
We arrived in Ft. Lauderdale just a little bit after Erik's parents, and Kelsey, and Jeremey. We went to Chilis for dinner, and then checked into our hotel for the night.
It was a fine room we shared with the Becerras.
We stopped at a grocery store the next morning so we could load up on soda and treats to put in our suitcases for the cruise. We were laughing about going on an all you can eat cruise and then brining more junk food, but I was really happy we had all that haha
McDonalds stop for our late breakfast.
Kaitlin so nicely was watching the kids at our house until my Mom came Sunday evening. She texted me this picture of Anna's hair all ready for church! So pretty!
It didn't take too long to arrive at the cruise terminal.
Finally we got our seawards and boarded the ship! That's always such an exciting feeling!
Our room for the next 7 nights!
The weather was beautiful! Last cruise we sailed out of Miami, so it was fun seeing a new port in Ft. Lauderdale.
The first of many soft serve ice cream cones haha
Our first dinner was a lot of fun!
I tried the strawberry soup, and the salmon.
It's funny seeing this picture, because every night after this one we were seated at a bigger table and had a different server. I almost forgot about this spot!
Desserts choices!
The first evening of entertainment was Oceanaria, the water acrobatic show. I read that it's best to see this the first night, because if the cruise ever encounters choppy waters they will cancel the show.
It was such an amazing show! I could never do the things these people did!
After the show, we walked around the park area and I think we tried to find a place to get hot chocolate. I can't remember if we found it this first night or not.
Comments